Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It was chest day, why do my legs hurt?

"I am disgusted with this book! Droning on and on about lethargic, excuse prone members of society feebly fighting the weight wars. Who the h*** gave these guys a publishing deal? While reading the first few pages of Achieving ODJ  I discovered so many bad things about laziness, cutting corners, fad diets, and cattle-car workout programs that I decide to give up reading."    -anonymous

Now that phase four of hypertrophy is history and the 5-minute Wall Sit challenge is in the books, I'm off and running with phase five. After the first workout I fear a trend of muscle group bait and switch. My logic in the past would have me believe a chest workout should mean my chest muscles would ache. Then why in the world are my upper legs hurting like all get-up? Oooooh, I remember why! The Dr. Frankenstein of fitness programs reintroduce yours truly to the $.55 worth of poorly inflated, Chinese made rubber sphere, and added it to the chest/tri workout. (for further insight on my loveless relationship with this ball, check out "Well ain't that cute!")

Since I run no risk of violating the non-disclosure agreement Jaron had me sign last year, this is the chest day. Feel free to laugh, cry, or reticule in the safety of the living room -- but let your muscle soreness atone for any thoughts of ease.

5x5 sets of dumb bell flies (25-35 lbs)
5x5 sets of tricep push downs (55 lbs)
4x20 sets of push ups with one foot's toes on ball, other leg extended above.
3x?? push ups with hands on balancing ball until failure
2x2  1 minute plank & 50 wood choppers on Bosu ball
20:00 of jump rope

1 comment:

  1. Them Chinese do make some good rubber. For those that don't know the necessity for variety in one's workout, you'll never make change without constantly challenging yourself with new workouts. If you can already do it, why would your body need to improve? Hmmmm? Love making JT sweat! Love that the new workouts cause angst. No mercy for the weak. Luckily my boy ain't weak no more. The indictment of "Achieving ODJ" suggested in ole boy's intro...disgusting! There are many things I revile in this world. Among them are the uninspired, the unapologetically obese, children, procrastinators, and stupid people (you know who you are). My book is law!

    ReplyDelete