Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Ant King and the Elephant Court

I would not know what 37 years old felt like even if the Apple Store had a pod cast entitled "Growing Old for Dummies." But I can say with near certainty that age may be a state of mind to most, to me it is an angry demented compressed L7 and aching knees at 4:30 in the morning. Even though western culture is youth centric, it is a privilege to age. Hopefully not aging to the point of adult diapers, debating the Easter Bunny why the kids wont stop by, and screaming at the Nurse Ratched to alphabetize my meds. So as long as I'm still the ant king to the voices, lets enjoy this journey of words documenting personal greatness.
On a dietary note; I have been off the hard stuff, sugary sodas for nine months. Caffeine got dropped in 2007. However, I drank A&W Root Beer and Sprite by the tanker. When the mad scientist of body building set up my list of "to don'ts," the fully leaded drinks were top of the list. Fearing that my only remaining vice would be subjugated to Minute Maid Lemonade Lite (10 calories per 8oz serving) and water, Jaron convinced me to try diet versions of my favorites. He saved my sanity! Now I have a few menu: Sprite Zero, Diet A&W Root Beer, and the classic Caffeine Free Diet Coke. For three point five decades I had avoided the weak sauce of the soda world, but now that my eyes are opened to new things; what else could I experiment with? Country music!?!... I'll be right back.
 
No way in hel-icopter! There is no life changing event that will ever get me to consume that garbage. Worse than drinking a Limburger cheese shake through a toe jam straw.
 
Post script:
In two weeks the "5-Minute Wall Sit" challenge will be attempted. A challenge not sponsored or commissioned through the Body by ODJ program; but one that he condones. This will be a non-man-card challenge. No points can be gained or deducted for success or failure. But I will be damned if I fail! If I do, you can bet a week's lunch money on me trying and trying and trying to hide all evidence the challenge was ever attempted... destroying DVR evidence and paying off weight room staff.  

1 comment:

  1. Aging is for the weak. And I don't intend to partake in it, having a laundry list of vices intended to help me avoid the "diaper years". So one thing that may bring me a step closer to said screaming match with Nurse Ratched would be my plan to fake senility before it actually sets in, you know, as a social experiment. Think of all the things I'll be able to get away with!
    Mr. Marlow is correct; I had no hand in the formulation of this unofficial challenge. I only wish I could watch the convulsive quad spasms it is bound to produce! Bring the smelling salts, and extra strength Bengay!

    ReplyDelete