Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week Four: Scheduled Chaos

One thing Krause made clear to me before I started this initial phase of "stretching the rubber band" over sixteen weeks, I had to commit to the training days for the week ahead of time. A great piece of advise! While I swim Monday thru Friday in the A.M. hours -- lifting and running four days a week can be spread out between Monday thru Saturday. There should be no surprise that any given week is a distant relative to prior weeks. The variables of work, a wife, two kids, a side business, and volunteering make for a roulette wheel the size of the London Eye... and my chips are always on double zero. Even with the same DNA an identical week rarely occurs in a row, which makes for proper planning a foundational principal in my goal execution.

Spontaneous life was an idealistic concept forged by the fires of a twenty-something existence; enjoyed because it broke up the mind numbing pattern of wake, work, relax, sleep, repeat. Now my fragile state of structural constraints that seems to be on the verge of going super nova at the slightest hint of a child's major illness, rat faced clients ripping bonuses out of my wallet, or mixing up the pot by adding a third child, avoids randomness like a gasoline sneeze on an open flame. Spontaneity can be my worst enemy during this initial phase of stretching my body's rubber band to the point where I will actually be at the starting line to begin the long race toward truly changing my eating habits and securing the appropriate intake to burn ratio.

Sometimes when life throws you lemons during the day, you have to cop move the produce truck, chastise the driver for allowing a rabid midget to waste good citrus, and then speed off to the gym to beat the rush of six o'clock meat-heads.

Weekly weigh in: 215.4
Lbs dropped this week: 4.0
To hit 195: 20.4
Weeks to go: 13

1 comment:

  1. And, then again, sometimes when life gives you lemons, you make a Long Island Iced Tea! If I have not said it before, let me be clear...I'm a "do as I say, not as I do" kinda trainer. Great stats, again!

    ReplyDelete