Saturday, August 18, 2012

Week Two: "Food: a friend or a foe?"

Monday marked the beginning of the 16 week structured diet; 1800-2000 calories per day with one reward day of an additional 500 calories. By keeping a detailed record using the free Android app MyFitnessPal I am able to keep track of my meal by meal progress. I like the ease of use and the quick entry of the meal data.

A key factor in making this thing work over the next four months will be resisting "boredom grazing." Avoiding the after work double-stuff Oreo sniper attack before dinner. Thankfully, Jaron has given me a great list of snacks to eat. I can already see a change in my eating habits by adding in a mid-morning and mid-afternoon healthy snack. Instead of hitting the garbage calories of sweets, it was a simple shift to health snacks like nuts, fruit, raisins, craisins, and stringed cheese.

Weekly weigh in: 221.9
Lbs dropped this week: 4.5
Total dropped: 10
To hit 195: 27
Weeks to go: 15

1 comment:

  1. Solid result for week two (officially one)! I'm not surprised that, despite the better nutrition, you dropped a pound less than last week. That was expected. I actually would have been pleased with 3 pounds. Now the grind starts. I'll put together your next two weeks worth of workouts to begin next Monday, need you spaghetti armed as much as possible for the whole 16 weeks. Here's a quick annecdote: I recently rigged my company's employee weight loss challenge by gaining 30 pounds before it started, right? With that much extra weight on, I could barely muster 6 pullups. By the end of the contest I was repping sets of 6 with a 25 pound weight strapped to my waist. I was thrilled at the progress, but my trainer pointed out that I was now 25 pounds lighter, so in essence I had made no progress in 11 weeks! Really?! The bastard couldn't just give me that one?! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete