Sunday, January 19, 2014

Testing. Testing. 1-2-3!

"YOU TELL ME! If a tree falls in the woods do you really think that it cares if it made a freaking sound? It just flat backed to the ground for a dirt nap and the last thing it cares about is if some granola eating PEDA slug can hear it come crashing down."            
-- The author of Achieving ODJ answering claims of inflated readership, circa 1982.               

It has come to our attention at No Fat Jokes Please that our readership numbers have been skewed by a spammer outfit located in one of the breakaway countries of the former U.S.S.R. I can vouch for the information because it came from the Internet - and the world wide web does not lie... so says Wikipedia. We are very proud of the devout readers of our blog and we have taken a blood oath to see this thing to the bitter end. Cuz in the immortal words of Dr. H.S. Thompson, "When the going gets weird, the weird go pro."

As we near the yearly dumping point for all the fitness tourist I am glad to be in a phase of work out that requires little thought and a whole crap ton of moxie. The circuit phase is living up to all the hype in prior post. This past combined training session Krause and I took on the chest & tricep sets like lambs to the slaughter. A total of one hundred and eighty military push ups and one hundred and eighty over-head machine presses broke me. The Duke of Delts called it a success because we reached muscle failure. After three minutes of rest we dropped a few more nails in the coffin by doing a set of dips and pec flys. In a twist of fate the only lingering pain was my swollen triceps. They felt like concrete flowed through the vascular system and hardened in them there meat sacks. HERE I COME SUMMER MUSCLES!!!

Now if I could just get my nutrition to kick in and help a brother shed a few pounds. Krause would like to have his sushi dinner before the ocean has no mo fish. (Yep... we are still in the marathon crawl of "Two Score No More")

Weekly numbers never lie:
JBK 193.4 17.6%
Moi 221.7 19.5%

1 comment:

  1. Never been a fan of excuses, but damn, I've been rife with them of late! Between the holidays and the cavalcade of friends visiting (everyone wants to visit when you live in Vegas), I've been sabotaged in this contest. Still, I'm winning because of Ole JT's inability to eat right. Thanks brother. I confided in one of my trainers this week that the lack of competition was allowing me to approach this competition lightly. He challenged me to a side competition. We are within a percentage point of one another in body fat. We made a side bet for who can break 10% body fat first. So, now, free of excuses, and no scheduled visitors in sight, I am buckling down. Also, I now have a north star: I will be gracing the beaches of Aruba in late March for my birthday on April Fool's day (that's right). No chance I'm embarrassing myself by rolling out like a manatee on that trip. First time I had to lose 80 grapefruits, a beach vacation was the inspiration. Here we go again. That combined with the promise of not one but two free sushi calorie atrocities...game on.

    ReplyDelete