Saturday, August 18, 2018

Four of a Swine


 “I can hardly remember how I built my bankroll, but I can’t stop thinking about the way I lost it.”   -- Mike McDermott

“Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.”
Mark 5:12

Keto is a culinary poker game with the devil. My devil is carbohydrates. I have won hand after hand after hand over the past two months. Down 35 pounds by eating In-n-Out Flying Dutchmen, medium rare steaks, pounds of cheese, over easy eggs, butter-butter-butter, rivers of ranch, and bacon as far as the eyes can see. This has been the best food challenge of the Destination 195 era, hands down. But the devil won’t be bluffed forever. My devil is turning into Teddy KGB from Rounders. His patience is wearing thin with my dietary grinding. Check. Check. Check. Well, you feelin' satisfied now, devil carbs? 'Cause I can go on bustin' you up all night.

In addition to slow playing devil carbs, time restricted fasting is accelerating the weight loss. The current program requires me to consume all calories within a six hour window, and to finish my last bite no later than four hours before bedtime. The optimum state is going to sleep with hunger creeping in. I wake at 4:30 a.m. to swim 90-minutes, then wait until 12:00 to eat. I eat dinner the moment I get home, then do a :20 minute exercise of running or plyometrics. When food is only fuel, my mind gets bored pondering the devil’s hand.

People ask me daily, “How long are you planning on doing this diet?” As if my weight loss is too quick for their comfort. There is no denying the current food plan is unsustainable. Jaron and I knew going into this challenge fringe diets are short lived, and should never be viewed as lifestyle changes. Come on people! Who on Sam’s hill would ever believe fasting 18 hours a day, snacking on bacon covered butter, and drinking ranch would be healthy? It is ridiculous… Logic tells me that weight loss should not come from the flesh of the beast… Vegetables are logical… bacon and butter is alternative facts… You know what?..... I am freaking done!.... This diet is a house of cards…. Swine lives matter…. No more bacon…. NO MORE MEAT!!!... I am going vegan.

To be continued.              

No comments:

Post a Comment