Saturday, September 19, 2009

Don't Define Me!

Over the past two months of changing my nutrition and exercise life I have come to understand the difference between lethargy, sloth, and apathy. Living off ten strong years as an athlete, it was my apathy toward eating right that prevented me from keeping the weight off. Fortunately, I confirmed sloth only stopped by for infrequent visits during Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday seasons. What killed me was lethargic behaviors; first blaming my lack of motivation on the summer heat or the short winter daylight, then using brain drain from graduate studies to take an average of 25 weeks off every year.

I have given in… I’m a swimmer for life. More importantly, when I train above casual swimming there has to be a meet to shoot for. Exercising for health sake is great, but for me, too many demos of the lazy-excuse sort seem to haunt me. It’s not about being a high school has been, rather a solid means to a successful end; long life and health to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment