Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is it the scale, or is it notching up the belt?

Stepping on the scales this morning before a rumpus good ole spin class, I was pleasantly surprised of the progress I have made -- down 24 pounds in three months. As great as that should sound to me, I have been more concerned with the ever looming next notch on my waist belt.

Even more pressing is my quest to go down two pant sizes, putting me just outside of my early 20’s waist line. Wow that’s soooo, chasing the past, high school hero, “you remember when I looked like that?” type of mentality. WHO CARES! My wife thinks I’m hotter when I’m skinny, which leads her to believe other women think the same thing, resulting in Mr. Marlow getting the ever desired “upper hand.” If you don’t understand, you’ve been married to long or still playing the dating game.

For those that subscribe to this theory understand that destruction and eternal damnation will be upon those who inform the one with no hand before they realize hand has changed sides. This is a shallow threat not to violate the Oath of U.H.

You have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment